Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Updating A Tessellating Coloring Book

While working on Holiday Mazes, I discovered that functionality of TesselMania had gotten new life in the form of a new program, TesselManiac!. TesselMania no longer worked well with new operating systems--even with Windows XP one had to adjust the screen to 256 colors to make it work. Playing with TesselManiac! I developed several designs that I used to update The Big Book of Princess Mazes, but I had lots of material left over. Because I have not thought of another theme that would work well for a maze book, the obvious place to use some of these designs was in A Tessellating Coloring Book.

The new and improved A Tessellating Coloring Book replaced about a quarter of the original designs with new ones. I added a some bugs.

 A second one resembles a pattern of spiders, though the two middle legs are joined.
 Birds seem to keep coming up when I play with Tesselmanic.

I will do a post later that explores more bird tessellations.

A Tessellating Coloring Book can serve as a coloring book for a child or a source of ideas for tessellation projects. It is available on Amazon and CreateSpace. (Also available is a coloring book that is devoted to tessellations of the letters of the alphabet, A Tessellating Alphabet Coloring Book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment